Sunday, October 10, 2021

A reader has annoyed me.

In my last post, a reader was deeply offended when I said nice things about China. Naughty me. It's possible I overstated the Chinese car market. I'm not sure. But China remains the world leader in sales of electricity powered cars - and the Chinese are going all the way on this. Their cars are also very cheap, mostly in the $4,000 range.(Most Chinese driving is on crowded streets. So I would guess these cars are not speedy. But what the hell, I could use a 4,000 dollar car.) The reader was also contemptious about Chinese housing. So let's look at that. Remember that China was for a hundred years under British control. The British had nothing but contempt for the Chinese. It was the British who created a China of the homeless. I remember well seeing the horror of that in Hong Kong - miles and miles of Chinese in rags and sleeping on scraps of cardboard for miles, each of them jammed into place. That was not, I'm sure, what the Hong Kongers wanted. That's what the British forced on them. In fact, all the misery that we blamed the Chinese for was thrust on them by the British. The damage to China - that we blame on the Chinese - was and is almost always the result of the savagery and greed of the British and then the Americans. Certainly millions of Chinese suffered and it took them a long time to recover. I was last in China about 1985, and it's housing was still a disaster. But at last, the Chinese government took on the problem of housing. And it did what our governments had not done in all the years of our savagery. It built, in fact, it overbuilt high rise apartments to house (and more) all of China's population. And those who had no money were accepted at no charge. O-0-0- And what do our Canadians and Americans do? Hell, we toss them, men, women, children, babies onto the streets. So yes, I applaud China for it's action. And I have nothing but contempt for our leadership by billionaires who pile away with the trillionaires to enrich themselves. And, okay, I have contempt for our Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats and G0Ps. But don't worry. I'm sure our brave soldiers, acting in the the grand tradition of North American conquest will smother China with nuclear bombs. You know, God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment