A critical review of local and world news. This blog originally commented on the Moncton Times and Transcript but has enlarged its scope.
Friday, October 15, 2021
A Humble Reply
I don't at all disagree with yesterday's response to my statement that China's proclaimed creation of a nation of general ambition for equality. (and forgive me, I have a computer that drives me around the bend. It must be the one the CIA gave me.)
I said in my blog that the Chinese government has announced a wish to bring about national equality in China. And, by closing down on the billionaires of China, the government has demonstrated a wish to do that.
But will it be capable of completing such a change? I doubt it. In all I know from history, there is no record of any society which permitted equality. It seems to be a curse of humanity. I don't know of any country in the world - in all those years - of any country in which the rulers have permitted any of their people to have equality. Almost all other animals do permit it. But not us. And there is certainly no sign of it in our western world. Check out the billionaires of our world. They don't give a damn about anyone else.
I just called attention to it because it was so unusual. I don't doubt there are many ways to move people into line. The Chinese are trying to do something that can really only be modified, not changed on a huge scale. But -------
----but throughout history, our world has rarely tried to be anything but plundering - which is what the U.S. is now doing all over the world, and has been doing as long as their has been a U.S. And it's what our capitalists, with the help of the Liberals and Conservatives, do to us. Think of the many, many families of the U.S. and Canada who live on the streets and who now face a winter with, if they're lucky, a tent. Think of the billionaires who spit on them.
China houses it's people, all of them. Yes, it took a long time for China to do it. But it housed them. We don't house ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Yes, it took a long time for China to do it. But it housed them. We don't house ours."
ReplyDeleteSo did Gaddafi in Libya ... every Libyan born citizen ... plus healthcare ,education, plus food/gas/utilities and transportation subsidies plus resource sharing (oil cheques)
(no elections because every born citizen was a member of government)
Did we take a lesson??? nope destroy that before it spreads