As I write this, I am in one hell of a bad mood. The coming election is going to be a disaster.
It might help to mention I was born into the deep poverty of the depression of the 1930s. The district was one of the most violent and poorest in Montreal, and with a huge French majority who had been raised to hate English kids.
Like all the kids I grew up with, I was raised NOT to finish school. I made it to grade 11 - much more than most of my friends - then was kicked out. No problem. I was never expected to finish. And I got a job in a filthy and drunken factory. My parents were very pleased.
But I ruined their hopes. I went to school at night to finish high school, and then got a BA. It was a cheap and dirty one. But it was a BA. Then, with teacher training I became an elementary school teacher. (my parents were very disappointed with me. I was trying to rise above my station.)
Then I decided to go to a distant university. There, this dolt got an MA which took me to a grad school to get a PhD and to teach in a university. And that brought CBC to ask me to speak regularly on CBC.
I was two years on the morning show at CBC. Then I was fired. I was fired under pressure from the French branch of CBC. The French, who were separatists who were determined to destroy Canada, wanted me out because I was on the executive of the group determined to keep Canada united among both French and English.
But I immediately got picked up by Montreal's most popular English station to appear every week day to talk on radio. And that led to more than thirty years of radio, then to TV, and a daily discussion on the day's news.
That also led me to speak for some 70 or eighty talks a year to various groups.
As well, I got interested enough to write thousands of articles for newpapers and groups. for TV, for radio.....
Yes, thousands... As I write this, in the room next to me are large boxes of many thousands of these writings - and they are only the minority of the writings that I did.
We are now facing an election and an advanced poll for seniors at my residence was held yesterday. I was shocked by it.
Everybody in the building except me voted either Liberal or Conservative.
Let's get real.
The Liberals and Conservatives both are in favour of developing oil fields. This is insane. Climate change is one hell of an issue we have to deal with. Both Liberals and Conservatives support the oil claims - because both kiss the asses of the wealthy.
And it has been proven that those oil fields are destroying our environment, destroying huge land masses, spreading massive fires - oh - and killing all of us.
But when I said this, a woman there was extremely angry with me. (As well, almost all our newspapers have played this lightly - if at all.)
The woman said I should study these things. (I'm pretty sure I've studied this a hell of a lot more than she has.) Oh, and a member of the Canadian legion was there. Like all members of the legion he believed we had brought peace and joy to Afghanistan.He's one of those members of the Legion who think it's work is good. In fact, The Legion is a puppet organization. You can be sure it always does what billionaires tell it to do.
As a matter of fact, we murdered Afghans on a huge scale - making a special effort to murder uncounted numbers of children and babies. The U.S. and Canada did NOT go to afghanistan to help the poor and helpless. They went to get control of what they expected to be highly profitable natural resources. (I noted today's news carried stories about the good things the US tried to do for Afghanistan. Like hell it did. Billionaires don't do good things to anybody but themselves. And we should not be so silly, in the light of children's and baby's bodies, not to know this.
By the way, the Canadian army was pulled back from Afghanistan after some 12 years. One doesn't usually walk out of a war. I wonder what that walk was about. Oh, well, we also sent some of the returning Canadian soldiers to destroy democracy in Haiti - though that story never made it into our papers
More serious was the war on Guatemala. This was an invasion by mercenaries in the 1950s and 60s. The leader of it was George Bush Sr. His target?
Guatemala was proufoundly Catholic.. The purpose of the invasion was to murder all Catholics, especially priests, nuns, and missionaries.
Funny how that never got into our news. I learned about it only in the 80s. But our newspapers wouldn't touch it. One of the victims was a missionary from New Brunswick. In fact, his early life had been spent in a town dominated by the super wealthy Irving family.
He was brought back to New Brunswick to be buried just outside the Irving town. But that story has never made the papers. Of course not. Irving owns the papers.
Get used to it. Your newspapers lie all the time. Indeed, many honest reporters have been dumped for many years now. In all of Canada (and the U.S.), I don't know of a single, honest newspaper -and I've seen almost all of them.
Oh, I also watch U.S. TV. For a long time, I've thought CNN was sort of decent. But I looked over their coverage of Afghanistan. Terrible. (No. I'm not saying the Taliban are good.)
And for the lady in my building who disapproves of what I have to say - Get stuffed, lady. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about. Ditto for the Legionaire. _________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment