Sorry to be late with this. I've had a bout of something or other. It was a heavy duty sickness brought on, perhaps, by secret agents of the Canadian Legion whispering about me on my 88th birthday. Actually, the Legion is, almost certainly, supporting an attempt to buy pilotless Bomber aircraft. This could be an inspiration to all of us.
The U.S. has been using these for many years. In general, their purpose is to bomb people who are not enemies but helpless men, women and children who are down below - and not in a war zone. So the U.S. has been killing them for some years with pilotless bombers. Your dollars at work.
The U.S. is also setting up 7.5 million Americans. These are the Americans who don't have jobs but have had jobless benefits. Well, enough of this lollygagging. They are due to lose those jobless benefits, and get kicked out into the streets. And that will happen in just one day as they join the millions of Americans who are already living in the streets.
And that's okay. The U.S. will now be able to give that money to billionaires who continue to bomb civilians who aren't actually in any war.
Meanwhile, Canada's bill for our time in Afghanistan comes to a jolly two trillion dollars. (I'm so proud to read that.)
But even more important are the salaries for American war production manfacturers up 1322 percent.
But they haven't forgotten their workers. No. The workers got 18 percent. Wow? at the same time.
This seventy years of war has been wonderful for billionaires. At the same time, salaries have been plunging for their employees. Children and employees in the U.S. are starving while super rich billionaires wallow in money (That they will pay little or no tax on.)
The U.S. has become an unspeakably greedy and murderous leadership that rules many millions of the poor and the hungry.
(This reminds me of some Candians I have run into who are critical of China). In fact, the Chinese are far more caring than American (and Canadian) billionaires are.
Will the U.S. recover from what it's billionaires have become? I doubt it very much. In a confused and not very intelligent way, the U.S. will fall (is falling) in a disastrous way. It is very likely to push Canada into a merger with it - which the Liberals and Conservatives will buy into. (Liberals, Conservatives, GOP, and Democrats are all cut from the same cloth. Many Canadians are already turning to the Conservatives. Damned if I know why.) __________________________________________________________________
I shall take a day or two to get over the deep disgust I feel for where we are heading.
__________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment