Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 25: The world? duh...it went that way.

 I'm sorry this one is late. (I had serious computer problems/ But they seem to be fixed now.)


https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/24/the-us-is-in-a-water-crisis-far-worse-than-most-people-imagine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://rabble.ca/news/2020/08/new-federal-sick-leave-benefits-no-replacement-permanent-paid-sick-days-say-advocate

___________________________________________________________________

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/views-expressed/2020/08/liberal-democratic-west-brink-total-collapse

___________________________________________________________________

ttps://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/activist-toolkit-blog/2020/08/province-province-look-returning-school-during-covid-19

It looks bad, very bad indeed.

___________________________________________________________________

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/rnc-platform-trump/

__________________________________________________________________

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/08/26/china-and-the-decline-of-us-power/

It\s not just a rise of China. It's something close to a collapse of the U.S. Despite reports of the western press, and despite huge budgets for the military, U.S. military performance since 1945 can only be called dismal.

__________________________________________________________________

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/08/25/covid-19-and-the-nakedness-of-the-corporate-university/

I learned a good deal about this from experience. Never impressed by universities as teaching institutions, this was enforced when I was offered the presidency of my university. The offer came from the Board of Governors. And what qualifications did they have to make such an offer?

None. 

The Board of Governors, as is common in universities, was dominated by business - big business. So it's qualifications to choose a leader for an educational institution was close to zero. That was clear to me in my interviews. (For that matter, the professors had very little understanding of education.)

Their offer to me was ceratinly a good one. But I realized what puppets university presidents are. So I turned it down.

_________________________________________________________________

https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/08/24/Private-Firms-Pour-Millions-Militarizing-Police/

_______________________________________________________________

https://www.globalresearch.ca/china-growing-agriculture-crisis/5722238

__________________________________________________________________

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55499.htm

_________________________________________________________________

https://truthout.org/articles/nearly-9000-new-covid-cases-identified-among-florida-kids-after-schools-reopen/

_________________________________________________________________

https://thesaker.is/after-hiroshima-and-nagasaki-u-s-and-australian-brutalisation-of-women-on-the-japanese-mainland/

All armies are pretty much the same. And just about all news media are the same in covering up for the armies - unless their evil is on the other side.

_________________________________________________________________

Again, I'm disappointed by the recent lack of news from all media - both the ones I like and the ones I dislike.

We need to learn that much of the evil in this world comes from us. We need to know how much of that evil is created and accepted by us. We need to understand that the U.S. and it's hangers-on like Canada and Britain have a dismal record over the last centuries. Is China evil? Yes. and we created that. The British murdered, plundered and horribly abused China for over a century and a half. That abuse has continued after 1945. Indeed,just about every war for thousands of years has been caused by the greed and abuse of the kings, emperors, dictators, and capitalists - all those people who are heroes of our history books - and their servants like Christopher Columbus. Admiral Lord Nelson, George Washington....

We're now ruled, in reality,by a class of the super rich, (we call them capitalists), who have been the real powers on this earth for some 200 years. For the greater part of those years they have held the rest of us in deep poverty. (Remember the case of the Ontario teen ager who lost an arm in a factory accident, and who was fired on the spot, and sent home with no help, no medical care....)

Throughout human history, we have governed only to meet the greed of the  wealthy. And that greed is the reality we live in today. But this time it's on a more vast scale than at any time in history. And this time it has the potential for the greatest ever devastation all over the world.

And for Americans? It couldn't matter less who wins the election. Even now the damage is well under way.



































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment