...because I made such a mess of yesterday's. I don't know exactly what happened. I had almost finished yesterday's when the screen went blank. I don't know why. I think I might have touched something on the key board - but I have no idea what it was. So that was many hours of writing flushed down the toilet.
And that is why I am now trying to make up for a bit of that. Just a bit to ease may conscience.
Oh, in that disastrous yesterday, I suddenly realized another big horror. Checking a reader's comment, I discovered I had been hasty in approving it. I had not read all of it. The part I read heaped praise on me for the blog which I had earlier written. Well, I like being praised. So I put it in the comments section.
Much later, I realized there was a part of this comment I had not read. It went from the flattery (which gets me every time), but then I noticed there was more to it. This was an ad for a brothel. So I deleted it. (I apologize to all brothel lovers).
_____________________________________________________________
In general, the news has been becoming less interesting while the crisis in the U.S. has been becoming worse. (It says something when the White House expels reporters and puts up iron gates guarded by police battling thousands of protesters in front and almost on the steps of the White House) Meanwhile, police in some cities have been welcoming far right wing gun nuts who support the police with their military guns. The US is close to a civil war.
It is also in danger of creating a war with China, a war that would have to be a nuclear one. After all, a US incapable of defeating a tiny military in Afghanistan despite twenty years of trying is not going to defeat a huge China with conventional weapons. It would have to go nuclear. China's nuclear arsenal is quite small. But a nuclear war would draw in Russia which would draw in Europe, possibly India and Pakistan against each other, and provide an excuse for Israel to bomb middle east neighbours.
Oh, and yes. The U.S. will expect Canada to play a role in this.
So here are some items to think about. (I intended this to be the usual examination of what is likely to happen. But the reality of both good media and the bad is that neither has come to grips with the meaning of what it happening. Lots of chatter; but little meaning. And that's true of even the best - like The Guardian. So I tried to use Information Clearing House which, too is sometimes weak, but more often good.)
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55265.htm
________________________________________________________________
I had to include the next one - though I'm not clear on the point of it. If the point is that Hong Kong should accept being under complete Chinese control - then I don't agree with it at all. It's an interesting account of the writer's experience in Europe and the U.S. But I don't see it's connection in regard to Hong Kong.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55266.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55267.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55263.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55264.htm
________________________________________________________________
Information clearing house is one of the best news media. But even one of it's top writers, Paul Craig Roberts, whom I often cannot agree with.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55270.htm
So the policeman who killed a Black didn't really kill him because it was a heart attack and not strangulation that killed him? Okay.
And who created the heart attack?
________________________________________________________________
Tomorrow, June 25, this site will return to normal. Alas! Also returning to normal will be our news media that are strong on telling us what is happening, but weak on telling us what it means..
Graeme Decarie
And that is why I am now trying to make up for a bit of that. Just a bit to ease may conscience.
Oh, in that disastrous yesterday, I suddenly realized another big horror. Checking a reader's comment, I discovered I had been hasty in approving it. I had not read all of it. The part I read heaped praise on me for the blog which I had earlier written. Well, I like being praised. So I put it in the comments section.
Much later, I realized there was a part of this comment I had not read. It went from the flattery (which gets me every time), but then I noticed there was more to it. This was an ad for a brothel. So I deleted it. (I apologize to all brothel lovers).
_____________________________________________________________
In general, the news has been becoming less interesting while the crisis in the U.S. has been becoming worse. (It says something when the White House expels reporters and puts up iron gates guarded by police battling thousands of protesters in front and almost on the steps of the White House) Meanwhile, police in some cities have been welcoming far right wing gun nuts who support the police with their military guns. The US is close to a civil war.
It is also in danger of creating a war with China, a war that would have to be a nuclear one. After all, a US incapable of defeating a tiny military in Afghanistan despite twenty years of trying is not going to defeat a huge China with conventional weapons. It would have to go nuclear. China's nuclear arsenal is quite small. But a nuclear war would draw in Russia which would draw in Europe, possibly India and Pakistan against each other, and provide an excuse for Israel to bomb middle east neighbours.
Oh, and yes. The U.S. will expect Canada to play a role in this.
So here are some items to think about. (I intended this to be the usual examination of what is likely to happen. But the reality of both good media and the bad is that neither has come to grips with the meaning of what it happening. Lots of chatter; but little meaning. And that's true of even the best - like The Guardian. So I tried to use Information Clearing House which, too is sometimes weak, but more often good.)
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55265.htm
________________________________________________________________
I had to include the next one - though I'm not clear on the point of it. If the point is that Hong Kong should accept being under complete Chinese control - then I don't agree with it at all. It's an interesting account of the writer's experience in Europe and the U.S. But I don't see it's connection in regard to Hong Kong.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55266.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55267.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55263.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55264.htm
________________________________________________________________
Information clearing house is one of the best news media. But even one of it's top writers, Paul Craig Roberts, whom I often cannot agree with.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55270.htm
So the policeman who killed a Black didn't really kill him because it was a heart attack and not strangulation that killed him? Okay.
And who created the heart attack?
________________________________________________________________
Tomorrow, June 25, this site will return to normal. Alas! Also returning to normal will be our news media that are strong on telling us what is happening, but weak on telling us what it means..
Graeme Decarie
No comments:
Post a Comment