Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Bad News About the world's most evil nation (just south of our border) and our wimpyness

This is just a short note because I'm having big problems with my computer, and I have to find one hell of a good repair man. Just a reminder of how evil our world has become. I live in Ottawa, and in this cold night there are parents and children sleeping out in the streets. We're not as bad as the U.S. yet. But that's what they're heading for. What the hell are we thinking of? Like the U.S. we squander money on billionaires who are the savages that marked our world for centuries. By savages, I don't mean our native peoples. In fact, our native peoples are not and never were savages. We are the savages who killed them. The U.S. is even worse, of course - but we're catching up. I don't know how bad it is for those families. And the children have no chance at all. I was a child in the depression years. I know what it means to grow up in terrible poverty - though it was nothing remotely as bad as our medieval treatment. I do remember, though, that I often had no lunch and I got kicked out of high school. Nobody expected me to do better. Nobody cared. My parents expected me to get kicked out like the rest of my friends. So I became an unskilled worker in a very low paying job - and in a filthy factory where almost all the workers were drunk most of the time. My parents were very proud of me. It took me years to get over that. It was a miracle I survived that. Now, Canada and the U.S. have millions of children in the U.S. and Canada who are living childhood far worse than mine. They're dying of hunger, of shelter, while we shovel billions and trillions down the guts of billionaires. We have moved back to the middle ages. Yes. I say that very seriously. We have no agency to deal with that. And meanwhile we have institutions that should be charging to the help of those people. But they aren't doing anything. Our churches really have done --- nothing. And they've done nothing for centuries. It makes me feel ill to see how useless they have been. We all have taken a huge leap back into a horrible world. And I very much fear it's going to be worse. The U.S., which, for centuries, has been the most murderous in the world has become, for the last 70 years, the most vicious and least effective of the major powers. Yes. It's a real loser. So that is setting us up for a nuclear war with more murder than any war in the past. We could be talking trillions of dollars destruction of China which, incidentally, is far, far less a murderer than the U.S. is. Oh, and lots of countries will take advantage of this as an excuse for their wars. And Canada is copying the U.S. war model. The Legion is the face of the new Canadian worship of our troops who, like the U.S., now kill children, civilians.... I really don't understand why The Legion exists. It's really nothing more than a booze parlour. And it happily sends us to wars that have nothing to do with us. (Think of all the wars cheered on by the Legion since 1949.) I have never heard anything intelligent from the legion. But it's members all burp for a war - any war. (My father was in the navy in WW2. So he went to a legion meeting. It was just a drunken party,so he left early and never went back. Why do our newspapers always promote the opinions of The Legion?) We are being set up for the most terrible war has ever seen. And, given the greed (and wimpiness) of our political leaders and of the Canadian people, Canada will join it. Oh. Another annoyance is our news media. Every day, I study the state of the world. And I never use any media accounts. I was over thirty years as a broadcaster and writer. And I can tell you our news media lie. I know of only two exceptions to that. One (mostly) is The Manchester Guardian. The other (not perfect but honest) is Canada's CBC. All the others are liars. Today, an honest and very capable journalist named Julian Assange has been in a British prison in solitary for some years. There is no charge. No trial. But the U.S. wants him, also with no charge. If the U.S. gets him, he will almost certainly be killed. In fact, it's long been known that the CIA, with the blessing of the American government, wants him dead. His sin? As a journalist he always told the truth and telling the truth is now a crime. But you can use our news media and never know that. (In fact, at the end of WW2, the U.S. happily took in the Naziis who had been Hitlers leading figures, and brought them into American political life.) Well, I now have to see if I can get this computer repaired. Graeme Decarie. The most murderous nation in the world is the U.S - by far. It has been for centuries. It's also a nation that happily murders it's own people.

No comments:

Post a Comment