https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-cucinelli-statue-of-liberty-verse-europe-immigrants-1.5246852
And the evangelical churches that support Trump will also support this racist policy.
__________________________________________________________________https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/14/trudeau-broke-ethics-law-in-snc-lavalin-case-watchdog-rules
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/ethics-report-1.5247595
And Conservatives would never, ever break the ethics law. No. Well, not unless they could get paid for it.
At this crucial point in history, the western world, and maybe the eastern one , has crashed into chaos. Americans are nearing that important day - election day - when they vote out of colossal ignorance about their own country. They believe the myths of their lying history even as they plunge into a period of racism that Hitler would have admired. And they bemuse themselves that their votes matter at a time when the election campaign is running on the money of billionaires, and even as most American voters are ignorant of most of the real issues.
Canadian voters must be the same because Canadians seem to have no idea what the issues are. The Conservatives are demanding honesty in government. Come off it. The Conservative party was created long ago to get bought by the wealthy to make them wealthier. It was a den of thieves long ago under John A, and even before.
The Liberals think they're the good guys because - damned if I know why. They, like the Conservatives, were founded as assistant thieves to please the very rich. Now they've capped it with Trudeau whose only move to deal with the climate change issue has been to piddle around with the prairie oil issue without actually doing anything. Meanwhile, he has publicly sold himself to the thieves who operate SNC Lavalin.
Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives have any significant policy to deal with anything. Both are are on the take. And the Canadian people, bless their little hearts, remain ignorant of the world that is crashing on us. They are also, I regret to say, soaking up the political idiocies of the United States - hatred of immigrants, willingness to kill, refusal to face the realities of the world we live in. We, too, have entered the age of stupidity and greed.
The Greens and the NDP at least make a gesture to deal with the problems we face. Both are much too meek about it. However, both are far, far more honest than the old parties. Alas! Canada is still a land that prefers lying and corrupt parties - you know, "I always vote Liberal (or Conservative) because my grandpa always did...." And, oh, that has produced some gems - like a Trudeau who's way over his head, a Doug Ford who doesn't have enough head to be a way over, a Cheney whose mind, at best, is trivial, lying, and really, really stupid.
As we hold this election, the world is in chaos. At least a hundred million are homeless and wretched. And we haven't done a damn thing to help them. It's not just climate change. It's the massive destruction of agricultural land. Yes folks. All over the land we are seeing a massive loss of our food supply. Brazil is creating what may be the greatest destruction of the environment in history. It's going to destroy the Amazon rain forest. That means destroying its animal life and, indeed, the lives of native peoples. It means destroying the forest's purpose in sustaining a livable environment for the whole world. So Trump applauds its appointment of its ambassador to the U.S. - the son of its hate and vicious president. (Hey, gotta concentrate on the evil Venezuelans who think they should be allowed to run their own country.)
All over the world, and in the seas, there has been a colossal disappearance of species - species we need for our own survival. Without them, we die.
As other species die, humans are dying now at rates in the millions. Within a very short time, the millions will be multiple hundreds of millions and, ultimately, it will be us.
The preservation of oil drilling will, of course, briefly save jobs. It will also kill us all. We are seeing it now where large parts of the Earth have become death traps, where the oceans have become poisons, where the fields have become sands.
We have not done a thing to change this. Other people are dying. And soon, other people will be us. And here we are wondering whether we should vote Liberal or Conservative, whether we can depend on the wisdom and insights of a Trump whose only interest is himself, or a Cheney whose education is so feeble it would make it hard for him to get a minimum wage job.
We have little time, so little it may already be too late.
And so the Liberals and the Conservatives bring on the clowns.
Canada should be ashamed.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-trump-omar-tlaib-1.5247941
Note to Donald Trump and all his "semite" friends. Palestinians ARE semites. Semites are not just Jews. All people who speak semitic languages are semites - that includes Jews AND arabs. Israel has stolen exclusive use of the name for itself just as it has stolen the land of the Palestinians.
And Trump? He's just ignorant.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-cucinelli-statue-of-liberty-verse-europe-immigrants-1.5246852
Of course, the statue of liberty verse is about white folks. The U.S. has always been racist. Remember, the U.S. is the one that almost annihilated its native people so it could steal their land.
(Yes. Canada did some of that, too. And it still does.)
_____________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/15/us-moves-to-block-release-of-iranian-vessel-in-gibraltar
Of course , the U.S. has a right to tell countries who they are allowed to trade with. It's the only country in the world that has that right.
_______________________________________________________________
I have looked at Fox news only recently. Almost all Canadian and American news agencies are heavy on bias. But I am amazed how Fox news has managed to be the worst. It is, of course, pro-Trump.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/aug/15/fox-news-nation-todd-starnes-migrants-nazis-invasion
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/14/it-can-happen-again-americas-long-
The U.S. has always been racist, ever since the earliest landings of Europeans. So has Canada. But the reality is we are living in a world that cannot survive racism. We live in a world that, like it or not, has to accept massive movements of its peoples - at least hundreds of millions of them. Otherwise, none of us survive.
_______________________________________________________________
https://lfpress.com/opinion/columnists/dyer-even-by-middle-eastern-standards-the-latest-skirmishes-in-the-region-are-bizarre
_________________________________________________________________
I'm afraid this next one is more optimistic than the situation deserves.
https://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/9531377-gwynne-dyer-at-this-point-the-hong-kong-confrontation-is-purely-symbolic/
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/15/global-temps-continue-soar-upward-noaa-confirms-july-2019-was-hottest-month-records
Not to worry. The Conservative Party of Canada says it ain't happening.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/15/we-will-not-let-violence-stop-us-jewish-activist-group-says-guard-was-driving-truck
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/14/now-earning-278-times-more-average-worker-new-study-shows-ceo-pay-has-grown-more
What we are slow to recognize is how we are being aggressively cheated, making us poorer even as the rich are getting richer. We are being plundered - and it's going to get much, much worse. How long will we stand around like this with our faces hanging out?
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/14/fracking-boom-us-and-canada-largely-blame-massive-rise-global-methane-levels-study
And New Brunswick's Irving family just loves fracking. When do we wake up and realize how greedy, vicious, and irresponsible such people are?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/08/13/bulletproof-never-looked-better-and-america-has-lost-its-mind
Yes. America has lost its mind.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/militarization-national-religion/
I recently had a post from an old student praising Canada's military. Now, I have nothing against those who serve. And there have been times when we have desperately needed them. As in World War Two.
And there have been times when we have callously thrown them into battles that meant nothing to us. Not all of our military roles deserve praise. Too bad the Canadian Legion has figured that out. Too bad it has never given our governments hell for throwing naive young people into the fire - as we did in Korea and Afghanistan.
And we should protect young people - especially the many of those who joined not to serve anybody - but for the pure thrill of it all. I remember them when I was a child, and they were volunteering for WW2. I knew them again when I was 15 or so, and they were volunteering for Korea. Few of them had any sense of 'serving Canada'. It was just the thrill of war that attracted them.
We should remember our veterans. We should be grateful to some of them. We should be penitent for our encouragement to them to go to wars that had nothing to do with us. We should remember them, often with sadness, not with brainless cheering.
As a kid, I remember Bertie, a seriously retarded 16 year old who played with me when I was seven. He stole his brother's draft papers, and joined up. In his first action, he was screaming for his mother when a machine gun cut him in half. What did that have to do with 'serving the king' ?
I remember the boys from my father's scout troop coming back at age 17 or 18 to say goodbye. Was it patriotism? No. Even as a child I could see it was the excitement that got to them. A little older, I would see kids just older than me joining up. It wasn't patriotism. It was excitement.
And what did their service provide? What was the "better" world they made? It wasn't better. The the war ended, Nazi aggression was replaced by American aggression as the U.S. has invaded at least 40 countries - sometimes with Canadian help. It is now threatening Iran, Syria, China - countries all over the world. I don't know why my father's boy scouts joined up in 1939. But I don't think it was so a handful of U.S. billionaires could plunder the world.
Alas. The Canadian Legion, which should have protected our veterans, immediately became a propaganda glorifier of war. It's leadership has failed to notice that World War Two and Korea and Afghanistan have not been used to make this a better world. Quite the opposite. They have been used to increase wars and plunder.
Yes. Some of those wars were started by 'the other side'. but most - like Korea and Afghanistan and Libya, and our flirtation with the Russian border, and with Iran were the creations of our wealthy as Canadians died to made billionaires richer. (Add to that the 30,000 Canadians who served in the U.S. forces in Vietnam. And tell me what that has to do with patriotism.)
_________________________________________________________________
_http://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/rabble-radio/2019/08/elizabeth-may-we-dont-have-choose-between-economy-and
_____________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/news/2019/08/canadian-health-care-will-be-front-and-centre-both-canadian-and-us-elections
_________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/viewpoint-reproductive-justice/2019/08/fords-cuts-health-care-and-our-rights
________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/david-suzuki/2019/08/new-ipcc-report-flags-diet-and-land-use-changes-curb-climate
Yeah. Yeah. What does David Suzuki know. I mean, we got Conservative leaders who are intellecually proven like Kenney and Ford who both finished high school.
_________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2019/08/alberta-may-still-be-mired-climate-change-denial-rest-world
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/08/how-the-u-s-created-the-central-american-immigration-crisis
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/08/the-fading-home-of-homo-sapiens
_________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/08/07/Industry-Endangered-Species-Clash/
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/08/14/russian-blast-points-to-danger-of-new-nuclear-arms-race/
________________________________________________________________
I have mixed feelings about this one. I don't see where the alternatives could be - on either side. The British were certainly brutish in their years in China. They treated the Chinese with utter contempt - and happily killed them. There were still echoes of that in the Hong Kong I saw some 30 or so years ago.
But I don't see a solution in this article.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52085.htm
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52088.htm
Again, I see two points of view. I can't see any merit is supporting either of them.
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52093.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52098.htm
_________________________________________________________________
Canada and the U.S. throw away their potentially clever students from their public schools. Here's a more sensible response.
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/brampton-manor-students-offers-oxbridge/
_________________________________________________________________
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/14/trump-iran-worst-lies/
________________________________________________________________
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/14/ice-solitary-confinement-mental-illness/
Surprise! Surprise!
_________________________________________________________________
I'm pretty sure I misnamed a Canadian premier somewhere in all this. But It's been a long day, and I'm tired. Find it and use to attack me, and maybe even demand that the Canadian Legion be called in to criticize me.
And the evangelical churches that support Trump will also support this racist policy.
__________________________________________________________________https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/14/trudeau-broke-ethics-law-in-snc-lavalin-case-watchdog-rules
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/ethics-report-1.5247595
And Conservatives would never, ever break the ethics law. No. Well, not unless they could get paid for it.
At this crucial point in history, the western world, and maybe the eastern one , has crashed into chaos. Americans are nearing that important day - election day - when they vote out of colossal ignorance about their own country. They believe the myths of their lying history even as they plunge into a period of racism that Hitler would have admired. And they bemuse themselves that their votes matter at a time when the election campaign is running on the money of billionaires, and even as most American voters are ignorant of most of the real issues.
Canadian voters must be the same because Canadians seem to have no idea what the issues are. The Conservatives are demanding honesty in government. Come off it. The Conservative party was created long ago to get bought by the wealthy to make them wealthier. It was a den of thieves long ago under John A, and even before.
The Liberals think they're the good guys because - damned if I know why. They, like the Conservatives, were founded as assistant thieves to please the very rich. Now they've capped it with Trudeau whose only move to deal with the climate change issue has been to piddle around with the prairie oil issue without actually doing anything. Meanwhile, he has publicly sold himself to the thieves who operate SNC Lavalin.
Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives have any significant policy to deal with anything. Both are are on the take. And the Canadian people, bless their little hearts, remain ignorant of the world that is crashing on us. They are also, I regret to say, soaking up the political idiocies of the United States - hatred of immigrants, willingness to kill, refusal to face the realities of the world we live in. We, too, have entered the age of stupidity and greed.
The Greens and the NDP at least make a gesture to deal with the problems we face. Both are much too meek about it. However, both are far, far more honest than the old parties. Alas! Canada is still a land that prefers lying and corrupt parties - you know, "I always vote Liberal (or Conservative) because my grandpa always did...." And, oh, that has produced some gems - like a Trudeau who's way over his head, a Doug Ford who doesn't have enough head to be a way over, a Cheney whose mind, at best, is trivial, lying, and really, really stupid.
As we hold this election, the world is in chaos. At least a hundred million are homeless and wretched. And we haven't done a damn thing to help them. It's not just climate change. It's the massive destruction of agricultural land. Yes folks. All over the land we are seeing a massive loss of our food supply. Brazil is creating what may be the greatest destruction of the environment in history. It's going to destroy the Amazon rain forest. That means destroying its animal life and, indeed, the lives of native peoples. It means destroying the forest's purpose in sustaining a livable environment for the whole world. So Trump applauds its appointment of its ambassador to the U.S. - the son of its hate and vicious president. (Hey, gotta concentrate on the evil Venezuelans who think they should be allowed to run their own country.)
All over the world, and in the seas, there has been a colossal disappearance of species - species we need for our own survival. Without them, we die.
As other species die, humans are dying now at rates in the millions. Within a very short time, the millions will be multiple hundreds of millions and, ultimately, it will be us.
The preservation of oil drilling will, of course, briefly save jobs. It will also kill us all. We are seeing it now where large parts of the Earth have become death traps, where the oceans have become poisons, where the fields have become sands.
We have not done a thing to change this. Other people are dying. And soon, other people will be us. And here we are wondering whether we should vote Liberal or Conservative, whether we can depend on the wisdom and insights of a Trump whose only interest is himself, or a Cheney whose education is so feeble it would make it hard for him to get a minimum wage job.
We have little time, so little it may already be too late.
And so the Liberals and the Conservatives bring on the clowns.
Canada should be ashamed.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-trump-omar-tlaib-1.5247941
Note to Donald Trump and all his "semite" friends. Palestinians ARE semites. Semites are not just Jews. All people who speak semitic languages are semites - that includes Jews AND arabs. Israel has stolen exclusive use of the name for itself just as it has stolen the land of the Palestinians.
And Trump? He's just ignorant.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-cucinelli-statue-of-liberty-verse-europe-immigrants-1.5246852
Of course, the statue of liberty verse is about white folks. The U.S. has always been racist. Remember, the U.S. is the one that almost annihilated its native people so it could steal their land.
(Yes. Canada did some of that, too. And it still does.)
_____________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/15/us-moves-to-block-release-of-iranian-vessel-in-gibraltar
Of course , the U.S. has a right to tell countries who they are allowed to trade with. It's the only country in the world that has that right.
_______________________________________________________________
I have looked at Fox news only recently. Almost all Canadian and American news agencies are heavy on bias. But I am amazed how Fox news has managed to be the worst. It is, of course, pro-Trump.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/aug/15/fox-news-nation-todd-starnes-migrants-nazis-invasion
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/14/it-can-happen-again-americas-long-
The U.S. has always been racist, ever since the earliest landings of Europeans. So has Canada. But the reality is we are living in a world that cannot survive racism. We live in a world that, like it or not, has to accept massive movements of its peoples - at least hundreds of millions of them. Otherwise, none of us survive.
_______________________________________________________________
https://lfpress.com/opinion/columnists/dyer-even-by-middle-eastern-standards-the-latest-skirmishes-in-the-region-are-bizarre
_________________________________________________________________
I'm afraid this next one is more optimistic than the situation deserves.
https://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/9531377-gwynne-dyer-at-this-point-the-hong-kong-confrontation-is-purely-symbolic/
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/15/global-temps-continue-soar-upward-noaa-confirms-july-2019-was-hottest-month-records
Not to worry. The Conservative Party of Canada says it ain't happening.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/15/we-will-not-let-violence-stop-us-jewish-activist-group-says-guard-was-driving-truck
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/14/now-earning-278-times-more-average-worker-new-study-shows-ceo-pay-has-grown-more
What we are slow to recognize is how we are being aggressively cheated, making us poorer even as the rich are getting richer. We are being plundered - and it's going to get much, much worse. How long will we stand around like this with our faces hanging out?
________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/14/fracking-boom-us-and-canada-largely-blame-massive-rise-global-methane-levels-study
And New Brunswick's Irving family just loves fracking. When do we wake up and realize how greedy, vicious, and irresponsible such people are?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/08/13/bulletproof-never-looked-better-and-america-has-lost-its-mind
Yes. America has lost its mind.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/militarization-national-religion/
I recently had a post from an old student praising Canada's military. Now, I have nothing against those who serve. And there have been times when we have desperately needed them. As in World War Two.
And there have been times when we have callously thrown them into battles that meant nothing to us. Not all of our military roles deserve praise. Too bad the Canadian Legion has figured that out. Too bad it has never given our governments hell for throwing naive young people into the fire - as we did in Korea and Afghanistan.
And we should protect young people - especially the many of those who joined not to serve anybody - but for the pure thrill of it all. I remember them when I was a child, and they were volunteering for WW2. I knew them again when I was 15 or so, and they were volunteering for Korea. Few of them had any sense of 'serving Canada'. It was just the thrill of war that attracted them.
We should remember our veterans. We should be grateful to some of them. We should be penitent for our encouragement to them to go to wars that had nothing to do with us. We should remember them, often with sadness, not with brainless cheering.
As a kid, I remember Bertie, a seriously retarded 16 year old who played with me when I was seven. He stole his brother's draft papers, and joined up. In his first action, he was screaming for his mother when a machine gun cut him in half. What did that have to do with 'serving the king' ?
I remember the boys from my father's scout troop coming back at age 17 or 18 to say goodbye. Was it patriotism? No. Even as a child I could see it was the excitement that got to them. A little older, I would see kids just older than me joining up. It wasn't patriotism. It was excitement.
And what did their service provide? What was the "better" world they made? It wasn't better. The the war ended, Nazi aggression was replaced by American aggression as the U.S. has invaded at least 40 countries - sometimes with Canadian help. It is now threatening Iran, Syria, China - countries all over the world. I don't know why my father's boy scouts joined up in 1939. But I don't think it was so a handful of U.S. billionaires could plunder the world.
Alas. The Canadian Legion, which should have protected our veterans, immediately became a propaganda glorifier of war. It's leadership has failed to notice that World War Two and Korea and Afghanistan have not been used to make this a better world. Quite the opposite. They have been used to increase wars and plunder.
Yes. Some of those wars were started by 'the other side'. but most - like Korea and Afghanistan and Libya, and our flirtation with the Russian border, and with Iran were the creations of our wealthy as Canadians died to made billionaires richer. (Add to that the 30,000 Canadians who served in the U.S. forces in Vietnam. And tell me what that has to do with patriotism.)
_________________________________________________________________
_http://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/rabble-radio/2019/08/elizabeth-may-we-dont-have-choose-between-economy-and
_____________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/news/2019/08/canadian-health-care-will-be-front-and-centre-both-canadian-and-us-elections
_________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/viewpoint-reproductive-justice/2019/08/fords-cuts-health-care-and-our-rights
________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/david-suzuki/2019/08/new-ipcc-report-flags-diet-and-land-use-changes-curb-climate
Yeah. Yeah. What does David Suzuki know. I mean, we got Conservative leaders who are intellecually proven like Kenney and Ford who both finished high school.
_________________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2019/08/alberta-may-still-be-mired-climate-change-denial-rest-world
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/08/how-the-u-s-created-the-central-american-immigration-crisis
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/08/the-fading-home-of-homo-sapiens
_________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/08/07/Industry-Endangered-Species-Clash/
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/08/14/russian-blast-points-to-danger-of-new-nuclear-arms-race/
________________________________________________________________
I have mixed feelings about this one. I don't see where the alternatives could be - on either side. The British were certainly brutish in their years in China. They treated the Chinese with utter contempt - and happily killed them. There were still echoes of that in the Hong Kong I saw some 30 or so years ago.
But I don't see a solution in this article.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52085.htm
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52088.htm
Again, I see two points of view. I can't see any merit is supporting either of them.
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52093.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52098.htm
_________________________________________________________________
Canada and the U.S. throw away their potentially clever students from their public schools. Here's a more sensible response.
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/brampton-manor-students-offers-oxbridge/
_________________________________________________________________
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/14/trump-iran-worst-lies/
________________________________________________________________
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/14/ice-solitary-confinement-mental-illness/
Surprise! Surprise!
_________________________________________________________________
I'm pretty sure I misnamed a Canadian premier somewhere in all this. But It's been a long day, and I'm tired. Find it and use to attack me, and maybe even demand that the Canadian Legion be called in to criticize me.
No comments:
Post a Comment