Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Aug. 29: a very bad time.

My birthday is winding down. So I have time for a  brief blog.
________________________________________________________________
The best  article on the Koch brothers I have seen.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/27/death-destruction-david-koch-legacy

Take this very seriously. The Koch brothers are just two specimens  of a capitalist breed who kill to maintain their profits.
________________________________________________________________

https://brilliantmaps.com/threat-to-peace/
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/26/donald-trump-skips-g7-talks-on-climate-crisis-and-amazon-fires
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mercosur-negotiation-canada-tuesday-1.5260998

Of course Canada will not criticize Brazil. It will criticize Venezuela. It will probably criticize Iran. Canada jumps up whenever the U.S. blows the whistle. But Brazil's president is a U.S. pet.
________________________________________________________________

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/libya-migrants-mediterranean-1.5261055

This can only get worse as climate change and western brutality create a hundred million and more refugees.
________________________________________________________________

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/27/holiday-heat-headlines-not-focusing-enough-on-climate-crisis-reality-experts
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/27/brazilian-amazon-deforestation-surges-to-break-august-records

Not to worry. No matter how destructive it gets. Brazil can count on the support of the U.S. and a wimpy Canada.
______________________________________________________________

Jason Kenney, premier of Alberta, may well be the least intelligent and most dangerous politician Canada has ever produced.

Just a few days, I was reading a bit of his financial wisdom. He said that if we cut taxes to the very rich, then they will use their extra money to create jobs in Alberta. This is brainless.

If you cut taxes to the very rich, they will spend this money wherever in the world it can be profitable. And if that means they will create jobs in China, that's what they will do. American and Canadian mining companies pay almost no taxes in Latin America. But we don't see money pouring into jobs in those countries.

I don't know whether premier Jenney is a liar or just stupid - but I lean to liar with promise in stupidity. And Canadians should all watch him. He is on friendly terms with an Alberta group that wants to separate Alberta from Canada. Think about it.

This is of course , an attempt by oil bosses to get rid of those fussy Canadians who want to survive in a dangerous world. And if Alberta were to secede, guess what..  It would immediately, with help from Trump and big oil, become an American state. That's not as good as Trump getting Greenland - but the U.S. is suffering from climate change across its south and west. Alberta could become a very attractive place for Americans.

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2019/08/andrew-weaver-jason-kenney-every-day-you-keep-opening-your
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=373697047018228084#allposts

When the U.S. led the way to creating a war in Korea (and sucked in gullible Canadians and others as well), we were led to believe that an innocent South Korea had been brutally attacked by a villainous South Korea.

In fact, the government of South Korea was a dictatorship made up of those who had been collaborators with a terribly brutish leadership imposed earlier by the Japanese.

Think about it. That's what  Canadians were sent to fight for - and, many of them, to die.  What the hell were we thinking of to send Canadians to die defending a murderous and corrupt government? Hasn't The Canadian Legion ever thought about that?

The ended with the south and it's Japanese collaborators still  in power. This is what we sent Canadians to die for.

In fact, Canada and the U.S. didn't give a damn   about either North or South Korea. What they (the U.S.) wanted was a base for the invasion of China so that American capitalists could get control of what had been a part of the British Empire. And that's why Canadian soldiers died. And it marked the beginning of our fatal involvement of sending more Canadians to die for American capitalists - as in Afghanistan.
_________________________________________________________________

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=373697047018228084#allposts
_________________________________________________________________

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52177.htm

As I read t his, I remembered my students who came to my office to say goodbye. He was going home to Palestine. And he knew there was no hope.

There is nothing Judaic about Israel. On the contrary, it is a betrayal of Judaism -  a betrayal that we helped to create.

When Hitler began his murder of Jews, we said nothing. Our leaders knew what was happening. They let it happen. Any Jews who tried to escape to Britain, Canada, the U.S. were turned back. We didn't know that. But our governments did. And if our governments had helped those Jews, the Canadian, British and American  people would have raised hell. We, overwhelmingly we were in favour of doing nothing whatever to help the Jews.

I grew up in a Montreal that hated Jews. I remember that day in school when I couldn't find my friend who was he only Jew in the school. So I asked the principal. "Oh", he said, "We sent him to a school with  children of his own kind."

As late as the 1960s, I constantly ran into Jew - haters. When I ran a Jewish summer camp, I wore a Jewish T shirt. And I wore it when I was invited to spend a day at  a lake that was a holiday spot for wealthy Montrealers like The Birks and other economic leaders.

That night, there was an emergency meeting of the lake association to find out who had invited "the Jew".

That reminded me of my days at scout camp when the whole camp ate at a dining hall. On troop at a time, we would give our troop yell. When the Jewish troop took its turn, it would end it "YMHA, ra-ra-ra".

And all the others would chant ha-ha-ha. No other troop was treated that way. And none of our leaders intervened.

Hitler treated Jews as sub-humans. So did a great many Canadians, British, and Americans - and it was hatred enforced at the highest levels.

Hitler horribly abused the Jews. And so did us Christians all over the western world. Not surprisingly, many Jews,  perhaps most, came out of World War Two with a hatred. And when Jews settled in Israel, they took out that hatred on people who had not abused them - the Palestinians. In fact, Jews and Palestinians of that region had lived together in harmony in the same land for centuries.

Today, the Jews of Israel are hateful, murderous, cruel beyond belief. Who made them that way? It was Hitler, of course.

And it was us.
_________________________________________________________________

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52179.htm
________________________________________________________________

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=373697047018228084#editor/target=post;postID=6658922933659664384;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname
_________________________________________________________________

Almost everything we said our parents and grandparents fought for in World War Two has been tossed aside.  Most of our political leaders are patsies paid for by major capitalists. We are heading, inevitably, into wars that will simply destroy all of us.

Democracy? Equality? Forget them.

Canadians are actually willing to vote for Conservatives who are openly the puppets of major corporations. Liberals do the same with slightly more class. (only slightly).

We are actually getting poorer - have been for some years - as billionaires sweep our incomes away. Yes. We  have been living through years of prosperity in which billionaires socked away  the money. Canadians and Americans are actually poorer today than they were twenty years ago. And there has been no attempt to deal  with this. It's going to go on. It's going to get worse.
_____________________________________________________________

Well, I found the time on this, my birthday, to get a blog off - if a messy one. It turned out I didn't need as much time to open  gifts as I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment