I know, I said I would stop bothering you with my blog. But I made an extremely unpleasant discovery. Go to Counterpunch in your blog titles for October 26. The first item on that page is about Trump and China. It says that Trump plans a nuclear attack on China at about his election time.
No. It won't be a conventional form of warfare. It will be nuclear, using nuclear bombs far more powerful that those used on Japan in 1945. And the article doesn't say so, but I'm sure Trump will be calling on Canada for military support.
(And I feel fairly sure the Canadian Legion will jump with joy.)
China has no great nuclear arsenal - somewhere in the low hundreds and so far as I know, nothing to attack the U.S. which has something over 10,000 nuclear bombs. Of course, the U.S. will need to have enough bombs in reserve in the very strong possibility of a Russian entry into the war. And even the possibility of European powers supporting the Russians.
What's this all about?
It's about the American election. Trump is a genuine psycho. He is a man obsessed with - himself - and only himself. Within days, he faces an election. And it's quite possible he will lose. For a man of his ego, losing an election is an impossible humiliation. So he will destroy millions - and himself.
Will the Canadian government send Canadians to fight this quite insane war?
It probably will. With the end of World War 2, Canadian governments stopped fighting British wars. That's because Britain was no longer an economic giant. That is why Canadians served and died in Korea - and Afghanistan - all over Latin America..anywhere the U.S. told them to go.
That is why the sons of the Candian rich (like their American cousins) have not rushed to serve in their country's wars.
In 1945, I was thrilled to stand in a huge crowd to celebrate the end of war. And I was wrong. Almost all wars are fought to benefit the very rich. That's why Canadians fought and died in Korea.That's why Canada, foolishly, sent Canadians to die in Afghanistan.....
The history of humanity is a history of killing millions to benefit a few super rich.
Oh, and don't mutter about the Chinese being evil timers compared to Americans. The Chinese have been far more productive of good than Americans and British ever were. I don't like some of their behaviour, especially as regards Hong Kong. But on the whole, they've been far better than the U.S. and Britain. And Hong Kong had a long history of abuse by Britain.
_______________________________________________________________
I'm thinking of coming back to this site in a different way. I'll post this site beginning with letting you look for your own selection of sites. I'll put a list of the sites I've been using - and you can pick the ones, you want to read and to make your own judgement about.
There's may be other changes I haven't worked out yet.
The sites I use are
Guardian, rabble.ca, CBC, Gwynne Dyer (he might be a little awkward to get). The Nation, Consortium news, Counterpunch, Breaking News. common dreams.org..
Haaretz (it charges a fee), Counter Currents, The Tyee, Global research, Information Clearing House, National Observer, Truthout, The Intercept, The Saker, Voltairenet.
Look through the sites that are interesting to you.
If there are sites you don't like, tell us about that in the blog.
________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment