Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Oct. 7: An extra as I wait for repairs.

This is an extra because I feel guilty about my delays in getting back to normal.

For an opener, type Haaretz on your computer. It's an Israeli paper that now is running free visits for a little while. Haaretz is quite possibly the best newspaper in the world for honesty and courage. You'll see a picture of Israel that is quite different from that in the western press. This is what a newspaper of intelligence, honesty and courage looks like.

Meanwhile, I'll be offering for a little while the stories that my computer won't take. (I'm confident I'll have it fixed within days.)

For a start, don't waste your time with billionaires. They're kid stuff. The super rich  have trillions of dollars. Those trillions would save the hungry and homeless all over the world. Covid would become a side show. But the super rich, as always, are not lifting a finger to help even within their own nations. Their priority is taking even more of our money to fight their wars. 

(Yes. THEIR wars.)  In that last 70 or so years, they have been bombing quite innocent people - especially including civilians and children. For twenty years they have been murdering Afghanis, the people who did NOT attack New York on 9/11. It's illegal drone bombers every day kill people indiscriminately that the U.S. is not at war with, and has no right to attack.

The American money that could be used to employ the hungry and homeless now is used largely to give huge contracts to weapons manufacturers to supply most of the world in wars that are illegal. That's where the trillions of our dollars have gone.

That's the history of this world. Going back thousands of years ago, we developed a small class of greedy and horribly destructive rulers. Thus the Roman Empire that abused all including most of it's own people. Thus today's movement (to China)  of American troops for what may well be the last war of this planet.

What? The Chinese are evil? Maybe. But they're sweethearts compared to countries like the U.S. and Britain that are run to please killers and plunderers.

The British, with a little bit of American and German help, murdered Chinese on a huge scale (in numbers never revealed). They starved workers. They plundered everything in sight. I saw something of that in my time in Hong Kong. I saw miles of people, whole families, sleeping on the sidewalks. I saw elderly men sleeping in stacks of wire cages (no roofs) in the fields - and not big enough to sit up in. I got to know members of the British administration who were all in contempt of the ordinary people of Hong Kong.

China had slipped into civil war decades earlier. The Chinese leader that the west supported was Chiang Kai Shck, a murderous and thieving bastard if there ever was one. He held a monopoly on the thriving drug trade of China. He was for sale - to anybody.

Western leaders praised him as a Christian and happpily supported his drug trade. Thus the proliferation of Chinese drug houses in China as well as in European countries like Britain.

But Chiang was challenged by Mao Tse Tung, the communist leader. (I won't pretend I know exactly what communism is. I do know that Mao was honest - and successful. He also beat Chiang who fled to a small region called Taiwan.

That's why the U.S. and it's obedient followers went to war against Korea. It was to form a base in Korea for an invasion of China. And so it was that Canadians and Americans died to restore corruption in China. And we lost.

Betcha never read that in your daily paper.

And Mao was successful in reviving China. I already saw that in the time I spent in China. And as I look at pictures of China today, I'm astonished at the progress. Housing has hugely improved - even as Canadians and Americans sleep and go hungry on the streets.

I don't understand communism. But it's impossible not to be impressed by it's progress in China - even as we  look the decay of capitalism. But fear not, even as we live in a time of collapse and poverty and hunger, our capitalists are still running up huge profits into the trillions.

We were taught by our news media to hate China and to worship the capitalism that has been destroying us for at least 150 years. The super rich rob us blind and they murder lavishly in regions like the Middle East and Latin America, all in order to murder and plunder - and using our tax money to pay for their mass murder.

As I wrote above, I don't understand communism. I lean to socialism for it's potential in meeting human needs. Capitalism? It's just another version of the plundering and murdering that has plagued us since the birth of homo sapiens.

Capital is an evil that will destroy human life on this earth. The British people, most of them, got nothing from the British Empire. The American people and the Canadians are getting less and less from capitalism. For seventy years, (and allowing for value changes through those years), Canadians and Americans have been losing money - big time. The super rich of Canada and the U.S. have, even now, been getting massive profits. We are fools to allow that to happen.

Capitalism is worse than just greed. It's profoundly evil.

My politics? I despise Democrats and Republicans. Both parties are steeped in corruption, and owned by the super rich who are plundering the country. I feel the same way about Canada's Liberals and Conservatives. Both can fight and win campaigns because both get paid off by the super rich.

I don't understand communism enough to support it. The closest I come is a long way from communism. I support the NDP because I know it does not accept gifts from the super rich. I much preferred the old CCF (the party which is the reason why Canadians, unlike Americans, have access to medical care. (U.S. corruption is striking evil, and almost always ignored by U.S. news media.)

Alas, both American and Canadian news media are stunningly weak. Of course. The super rich own them.

We and, probably, this planet will not survive the greed and mass thievery by our very rich. This has been the pattern of our class system for thousands of years.

_________________________________________________________________

By the way, ever notice that our news media always portray the other side as evil and us as good?

Yes, Hitler was evil. So were we.

Before the war and even into it, as Jews fled Europe to escape the horror before and after the start of the war, we sent them back. Our politicians knew exactly what we were sending them back to. Even before the war, we knew the horrors that were being afflicted. And we didn't give a damn.

During the war, our leaders knew about the death camps as soon as they opened. They pretended they didn't know. We were Hitler's willing helpers in murdering Jews.  We still wouldn't let them in immediately after the war, long after we knew about the death camps. When Britain allowed Jews to settle in what was then Palestine, that was not to help the Jews. It was to get rid of them from Britain and from Europe. And Britain, the U.S. and Canada approved of that.

Evil? We don't need lessons from anybody in being evil. But our news media never tell us about the evil that is our normal behaviour. The owners of our news media were - and are - as racist as they come.

__________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment