Friday, March 6, 2020

March 06: I'm sorry. I'm even sorry I'm sorry......

This blog is late because I had a visit from my sister whom I haven't seen for several years. It's also short because, on the side, I like to have a life _ though I have never discovered how to have one. The Saturday edition should be back to normal.
_______________________________________________________________


https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/trump-coronavirus-who-global-death-rate-false-number

But still the numbers are high for Donald Trump. It's insane. But his evangelical followers  are products of insane religious ideas. They believe that Trump was chosen by God to bring the end to this world - and that they and only they  will be the ones to go to heaven.

The British Empire  (now deceased) and the American empire of today both have taught their people to believe a history which tells them that God wants them to rule the world. That's what justified the British in murdering over 400 million people. That's why it's okay for the U.S. to have conducted a mass murder of it's native peoples, of uncounted numbers of Latin Americans and peoples of the middle east.

The churches, for the most part, have played along with this nonsense. It's very prominent now among American evangelicals who are convinced that God wants them, only them, in heaven.

You know, I have never seen any version of The Bible that even hints at this.
The evangelical gospel of their purity and excellence, and of their's and their's alone, visions of their exclusive destiny can, I think, be reasonably considered a crashing ignorance of the nature of Christianity, and one with strong evidence of intellectual delusion.
_________________________________________________________________

...And some useful information that has not been common in much of our news media.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/what-is-coronavirus-symptoms-infection-wuhan-china-covid-19
_________________________________________________________________

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/05/truly-extreme-winter-2019-20-in-europe-by-far-hottest-on-record

Pay no attention to this. Donald Trump and the premiers of Ontario and Alberta would have told us if this had happened.
_________________________________________________________________

For all their talk about creating jobs, etc., oil companies and other companies live a full life on money handed over to big business as gifts (of our money). These are gifts of  billions of dollars in gifts from people like you and me who have to work for it.

They get away with it because they pay off both Liberals and Conservatives big money so those parties can can easily win elections and sell out all of us to our billionaires.

Why do Canadian still vote for those two parties anyway? Well, partly because most people rely on our news media for information. And most of our news media are owned by the very wealthy. And so they lie.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-oil-industry-subsidies-1.5476030
________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/womens-shelters-turned-away-domestic-violence-1.5483186

Well, you know, we can't afford to help victims of domestic violence. Let's get real. The weatlhy don't pay income tax. And the wealthy insist of getting handouts of money, our money, in the billions every year.
_______________________________________________________________

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/australia-bushfires-climate-change-1.5486562
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/columnists/2020/03/us-has-choice-medicare-or-coronavirus-all

Donald Trump and the Republicans have to be taken for what they are - remarkably stupid and possibly mentally ill people.
_________________________________________________________________

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2020/03/investment-advice-if-you-have-choice-dont-trust-right-wing
_________________________________________________________________

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2020/03/coronavirus-chaos-south-border-poses-national-security-threat
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/news/2020/03/power-profit-and-politics-ontarios-home-care-sector
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/coronavirus-sick-leave/
________________________________________________________________

https://www.capebretonpost.com/opinion/national-perspectives/gwynne-dyer-violence-in-india-offers-disturbing-similarities-with-nazi-germany-419673/
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1872709/a-glimpse-of-the-looming-migrant-armageddon
_________________________________________________________________

The world of the near future? Coronavirus is good for you.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/06/your-brain-capitalism-cnbc-market-analyst-rick-santelli-calls-infecting-global
_________________________________________________________________

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/06/i-trump-hails-economic-impact-deadly-coronavirus-says-people-are-now-spending-their
_________________________________________________________________

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/05/cdc-says-do-not-go-work-trump-says-thousands-coronavirus-could-go-work-and-get
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/05/total-win-human-rights-groups-welcome-icc-probe-us-torture-and-war-crimes

The American Empire is simply a continuation of the old British Empire    - murderous, plundering, and ignoring the needs of it's own paople to plunder them, too.
_________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment