Computers make me cry. I had a July 16 edition of my blog. It was on the screen. I published it . It appeared as my blog.
The next day it was gone. I begged it. I hit it. It just laughed.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.rt.com/news/464461-iran-seizes-foreign-vessel/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=push_notifications
Can you trust Russia Times? Well, you can trust it not to lie. It may leave out parts that make Russia look bad - But otherwise, it's quite honest.Trump is drifting into a terrible war.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/16/july-on-course-to-be-hottest-month-ever-say-climate-scientists
Nah. It ain't happenin'.
_____________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/18/climate-crisis-extremely-hot-days-could-double-us-study
_____________________________________________________
I had an interesting note from my nephew.Here it is.......
There are 2 interesting things happening in the financial world. Deutsche Bank is falling apart, and the oil shale boom is ending in Texas and North Dakota. Apparently the drillers have been losing money for years and the banks are finally turning off the taps. This gets no attention at all in the press.
American oil production hit a low of less than 5 million barrels per day in 2008 and has risen to 12 million barrels per day since then-an astonishing rise. I never would have thought it was possible. Unfortunately the drillers lose money on almost every barrel so it’s a funny situation.
Oil production at this level is ridiculous. It can only end in calamity and it seems to be hitting a speed bump now. Obviously the republicans know this. I wonder if one of the reasons for belligerent activity in the Middle East is to try and keep oil prices higher to please producers in USA?
___________
I don't entirely agree with it. (never entirely agree with nephews. It makes them uppity.) I don't agree with the final sentence. But the lust for cheaper oil to be had from Venezuela and Iran could well explain the sudden persecution of these countries. And the resort to starvation in both cases.
_________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trump-tweets-1.5214229
Let's see now - if you disagree with the government, you don't like living in the U.S. So you should go back to where you come from. Right? Well, let's think about that. Every American president since George Washington has disliked the government before him. That's why all those guys ran for election. Women suffragists didn't like not to have a vote , so they complained.
Oh, and Donald Trump didn't like the U.S. Isn't that why he ran for election. Indeed, isn't dissatisfaction the reason we have democracies and elections?
Well, this won't change the minds of the southern evangelicals who support Trump.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/9509028-u-s-ready-to-abandon-afghanistan-gwynne-dyer/
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/07/who-killed-oscar-and-valeria-the-inconvenient-history-of-the-refugee-crisis
_________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/News/2019/07/16/Leah-Gazan-NDP-Candidate/
_________________________________________________________________
And now, more computer grief. Whenever I enter the title of an item I want to send, the computer switches my entry. It becomes a long, long title which announces that the site I have requested doesn't exist. And if I persist, the screen offers a message that there is no such site.
The cost me a very good report on Canadian political party attitudes to the idea of climate change. Not surprisingly, the Liberals, Greens and NDP members take it very seriously. For Conservatives, the percentage believing this is a threat is 6%.
Anyway, I shall be going to see my computer repair man. - and hope to be back in action on Friday.
______________________________________________________________
The next day it was gone. I begged it. I hit it. It just laughed.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.rt.com/news/464461-iran-seizes-foreign-vessel/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=push_notifications
Can you trust Russia Times? Well, you can trust it not to lie. It may leave out parts that make Russia look bad - But otherwise, it's quite honest.Trump is drifting into a terrible war.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/16/july-on-course-to-be-hottest-month-ever-say-climate-scientists
Nah. It ain't happenin'.
_____________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/18/climate-crisis-extremely-hot-days-could-double-us-study
_____________________________________________________
I had an interesting note from my nephew.Here it is.......
There are 2 interesting things happening in the financial world. Deutsche Bank is falling apart, and the oil shale boom is ending in Texas and North Dakota. Apparently the drillers have been losing money for years and the banks are finally turning off the taps. This gets no attention at all in the press.
American oil production hit a low of less than 5 million barrels per day in 2008 and has risen to 12 million barrels per day since then-an astonishing rise. I never would have thought it was possible. Unfortunately the drillers lose money on almost every barrel so it’s a funny situation.
Oil production at this level is ridiculous. It can only end in calamity and it seems to be hitting a speed bump now. Obviously the republicans know this. I wonder if one of the reasons for belligerent activity in the Middle East is to try and keep oil prices higher to please producers in USA?
___________
I don't entirely agree with it. (never entirely agree with nephews. It makes them uppity.) I don't agree with the final sentence. But the lust for cheaper oil to be had from Venezuela and Iran could well explain the sudden persecution of these countries. And the resort to starvation in both cases.
_________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trump-tweets-1.5214229
Let's see now - if you disagree with the government, you don't like living in the U.S. So you should go back to where you come from. Right? Well, let's think about that. Every American president since George Washington has disliked the government before him. That's why all those guys ran for election. Women suffragists didn't like not to have a vote , so they complained.
Oh, and Donald Trump didn't like the U.S. Isn't that why he ran for election. Indeed, isn't dissatisfaction the reason we have democracies and elections?
Well, this won't change the minds of the southern evangelicals who support Trump.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/9509028-u-s-ready-to-abandon-afghanistan-gwynne-dyer/
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/07/who-killed-oscar-and-valeria-the-inconvenient-history-of-the-refugee-crisis
_________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/News/2019/07/16/Leah-Gazan-NDP-Candidate/
_________________________________________________________________
And now, more computer grief. Whenever I enter the title of an item I want to send, the computer switches my entry. It becomes a long, long title which announces that the site I have requested doesn't exist. And if I persist, the screen offers a message that there is no such site.
The cost me a very good report on Canadian political party attitudes to the idea of climate change. Not surprisingly, the Liberals, Greens and NDP members take it very seriously. For Conservatives, the percentage believing this is a threat is 6%.
Anyway, I shall be going to see my computer repair man. - and hope to be back in action on Friday.
______________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment