The savagery of Israel now matches any in the world. But let's remember who created thiis horror. ( though you won't believe me/)
It waz us,
In 1945, Jews were desperate to get out of Europe. Europeans, including British and French wanted them out. Canada and the U.S. didn't want them at all. By that time, I was old enough I had heard enough around our church to know there was no rush to accept Jews. And in the little I heard, that was the only theme.
And it was a pretty common feeling all over Btitain, France. Caada And the US.
About 1945 my best school friend was Jewish/ Then he disappeared, so I asked the Principal. "We moved him to one of his own schools. He'll be happier with his own kind."
(at that time, Montreal Jews were assigned to the Protestant school board. Catholic's wouldn't ttouch them. They were assigned to Protestant schools but, in almost all cases,, they were permitted only to attend a few - like those schools that were exclusively Jewish. And they had Protestant teachers,)
That didn't change until a few years after the war when I entered Montreal High - the darling school of English Montreal. But 1949 was the year of shock for it. Students from Baron Bing (the leading Jewish school.) were permitted to enter Montreal High. I don't know why that was. But I suspect it was because Jewish students were every year, the top ranked of the year in the English schools.
Montreal high school teachers were not pleased. On the first day, the vice principle visited our class - the top class in the school. He looked and said "Jewish boys stand up."
More than half the class stood up. The VP looked disgusted and saddened.
"sit down"
He bent his head and walked out in disgust.
Of course, there was no such thing as an acceptable Jew. I would not see a Jewish teacher for about five years when I began teaching school.
This was a pattern that went beyond that time, and that exists today. I knew that from grade 10 . That is why I have ever since had large numbers of Jewish friends. I learned how many of them had to pay immigration officers to permit Jews to be entered Canada. I spoke hundreds maybe a thousand times. I often spokek to large groups in synagagues.That was quite a pleasure. Christian audiences, especially churches, were always trivial and and desperate.
In short, we have like Britain, like France, like the U.S.,we have terrib;e abused and alienated Jews. And so it is we have created an Israel which is profoundly more different than Judaism has been.
Increasingly, it has become like us. And Palestinians will suffer from our hatreds
And in doing so, it will rely on U.S. gift weapons so it can kill Palestinians - and betray it's own interests..
This is the Israel WE have created,an Israel that has no Judasmi. and and Israel thst is a pain reminderpf the damage of the damage we have done to Judaism.
_________________________________________________________________
s _________________________________________________________________
.
No comments:
Post a Comment