(I'm nor not sure wether the text below has already aappeared in my blog.)
This morning (December) I was checking through some of the usual, conventional papers that are worth reading only because I can get them free. Today, I was enraptured by the tone of a typical article these papers carry. It says that President Biden may feel it necessary to invade Cuba. It seems he is of the opinion that the government of Cuba is evil, and that it kills or tortures (or both) innocent Cubans.
Therefore, it might be necessary to use force against the evil, Cuban government.
Whoa baby. Where is all this American virtue coming from?
In fact, the U.S. has been murdering, torturing, plundering, enslaving Latin Americans for 120 years. Just in more recent times, the U.S. hired mercenaries to murder priests, nuns and missionaries in Guatemala. Funny how U.S. (and Canadian) governments and their news media never mentioned it though the slaughter was in the hundreds of thousands.
(Maybe they didn't want to bother us about those shy mercenaries.)
Back iin the early days of TV, a young (and cute) me watched horrible stories about the U.S. torturing and murdering thousands of Cubans. It used hired thugs to torture and murder uncounted numbers. This use of thugs, dating back to the conquest and theft of Guantanamo dated back to the early I900s. Cubans were denied ownership of their own agricultural land as the former owners became very cheap labour.
Cuban children were, for the most part, denied education.
American gangsters soon became a common sight in Cuba, with, it seems, the full blessing of the American governments - including the saintly Franklin Denalo Roosevelt. As a final touch, the U.S. handed all government in Cuba over to Cuban thugs. And, by 1945, those thugs were in full and murderous control.
Early TV nade no secret of all that. Sneering thugs happily sad for TV interviews.
And that is what led to to the rise rise of very courageous and capable Cubans like Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. Life in Cuba was hugely improved - though the U.S. did all it could - and often with terrible damage to Cuba that has somehow survived the interference and lies of American governments and their lying newspapers.
Now, as I read our current, privately owned newspapers, there is no mention of this. In fact, the tone of their coverage is to give the impriession that Castro was the evil one.
Let's get real. Almost all of our commercial news coverage is made up of lies and propaganda. That happens because the ownership of almost all our commercial covorage is dishonest
And that's why I started a blog many years ago.
But let's get on to something even worse.
_________________________________________________________________
As I write here in what can politely be called my senior years, I am finding numerous handicaps. One is that time is being stolen from me. For reasons over which I have no control, I'm now asleep for some 15 or 16 hours a day. I have no idea why. I hope it's temporary but I really don't know. In the time I have left, it's hard to keep up on what's happening.
For example, the U.S. has become perhaps the worst country in the world for it's own people - epecially the poor ones. Right now, ten of millions - men, women, and childlren - are living in filth, poverty, hunger - and it's going to get much, much worse.
In contrast, the U.S. wealthy are floating in the biggest profits ever seen. An upper group of a few thousand have actually been making billions out of the American economy.
No. Not billions. That's the official number. The real number is not billions. It's TRILLIONS as Amerocam governments have yearly increased the taxes they are allowed to hide and the grounds they can accept from government. Much the same is true of Canada.
Americans and Canadians have been driven into poverty by their leading citizens - you know - the ones with names like Gates and Irving. So long as we allow that, we are going nowhere. They are the cause of poverty. You'd think we could catch on.
From the begining of humans many thousands of years ago, we have chosen certain people to be leaders while the rest of us became their slaves, victims. rulers. Over thousands of years we have allowed those 'leaders' to treat us with contempt.
You can see traces of it at ground level. In the days of British empire, the British aristocracy used the common people to fight their wars, then dumped them in the streets to die. For most of British history, the common people had no chance for education. More ommonly they went to work in jobs that emphasized filth and poverty for life. To this day, Government is commonly for the rich of Britain who today at 1% of the population have amost a quarter of all U.K. wealth. Indeed, that attitude does much to explain class structure and abhorrent treatment of the poor in the U.S. even today - expecially today.
When I was a child, my friends were illiterate. They commonly 'dropped out' anywhere from grade 3 to grade 9 to find jobs. When I got to grade 10 my parents were concerned that I was trying to rise above my station. And they were angry.
That relaxed only when I got a PhD. And that was only never to speak to me again.
But rich kids? Though no smarter than poor ones, they got private education that trained them to think they were superior.
Human history is a long record of privilege, class - and of the most dreadful abuse of the poor.
But there is an exception.
China has won international praise for it's elimination of povery in the nation. No, I know you won't find this in your local paper. (I got it from Financial Times)
Even as the U.S. dumps it's poor into the streets and into tent cities and worse, China has been putting it's poor into safe and secure homes. China, not Canada or the U.S., is the nation that serves the needs of all it's people while the U.S. dumps it's people into hunger and disease. Meanwhile, the super rich, as in Canada and the U.S. and Britain do what they have always done - pile up the geatest fortunes in history.
_______________________________________________________________
But let's get a look at this behaviour over the past 120 years,
________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment