Friday, September 25, 2020

Sept 24: growing up stupid

https://rabble.ca/news/2020/09/trudeau-rallied-canadians-fight-second-wave-covid-19-his-throne-speech-lacked-detail

___________________________________________________________________

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/david-suzuki/2020/09/back-school-uncertain-climate

__________________________________________________________________

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/views-expressed/2020/09/pandemic-has-cleared-way-doug-fords-plans-privatize-education

I grew up in a working class district. It was assumed, quite casually, that my first year classmates and I would never graduate from high school. Indeed, only one ever did. (And it wasn'r me.)The Jewish district of the time was near me It had a very high graduation. rate though, like my district it was poor. Why was that different from us working class children? It was because Jewish parents expected them to do well in school. Jewish kids grew up believing they could do well - unlike us goys who grew up believing we lacked brains.

Later, after after flunking high school, I spent three years in a miserable job.figuring it was all I was good for.  And my parents, like all the parents in that district, accepted that I had found my proper station. Then I somehow got a job as an elementary school teacher, and then as a university professor.

The children of the rich are raised to believe in their right to higher education. The children of the poor are raised to believe they have no intellectual ability.

And so we are raised to believe in our feeble mindedness.

Doug Ford's plan of education is a disaster for Ontario children. He wants to encourage (those who can afford it) to attend private schools. In my experience, these are not better schools. But, oh, they do wonders for egos. And, oh, they make lots of money for school owners.

And those who can't afford private schools? Who gives a damn?

We are what we think we are. Graduates of private schools think they're hot stuff.

Graduates of public schools commonly have low self esteem. What needs to be done is to raise the self-esteem and thus the ambitions of the poor.

And what is Doug Ford's ambition? To create schools that make the rich richer.

_________________________________________________________________

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1990663/china-climate-and-the-blame-game

________________________________________________________________

 https://www.thenation.com/article/environment/climate-media-coverage-election/

________________________________________________________________

https://www.thenation.com/article/environment/climate-media-coverage-election/

Julian Assange is a reporter who never lived or worked in the U.S. The reporting he did was quite legal. But the U.S. wants him extradited from Britain to spend the rest of his life in an American prison. And Britain, which now spends its time crawling to the U.S.

The U.S has no authority to imprison a man for an act not committed in the U.S. Britain has no right to hand over a man who has not committed a crime in Britain.

As well, the 'offensive' reporting he committed was true, and it was quite legal report on it. But Assange has already suffered a high degree of mental brutality, something that obvious in any picture of him. The U.S. will put him into a prison, finish the job there of destoying him. Rule Britannia. God bless America.

And it's quite true - The Guardian has been pretty silent on this.

___________________________________________________________________

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/24/derision-disbelief-after-iowa-meatpacking-plant-where-hundreds-caught-coronavir_us

Hey! Ya gotta trust rich people.

________________________________________________________________

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/24/vanishing-moment-and-our-vanishing-future

____________________________________________________________

https://countercurrents.org/2020/09/what-if-preventing-collapse-isnt-profitable/

______________________________________________________________

Now I need to take a break because I still don't know how to use this computer, and I get get instruction for many hours. (The computer went dumb on a report critical of The Guardian. The report says The Guardian, for all it's criticism of other news media is stunningly silent on the trial of Assange. So I checked. And, oh, it's true.I'll still use it - but with more caution than I have in the past.

Sadly, all news media are pretty silent on the role of our super rich. They are the greatest danger facing us. As always they are the greatest killers (especially of civilians and children). in this world.As their profits continue to grow, they avoid taxes while millions in Canada  and the U.S. - and all over this world suffer and die.They are, by far, this world's most greedy and evil. And that has been the case since the earliest of humans on this earth. 

To this day, they murder and plunder all over this world.

But we - and our news media (and our churches) have never paid any attention to them. They are the greatest evil in this world. And they are very close to destroying all of us. (But the U.S. has long had a record of electing them as presidents.) That's true of American Republicans and Democrats as both parties have always been kind to the super rich. It's also true of Canada's Liberals and Conservatives.

We're showering wealth on a very small number while children sleep in the streets. .That's been the history of Canada, the U.S., Britain.... And that's now combined with the massive destructive power -  far, far the greatest in human history...._______________________----------------------------------------------






 





No comments:

Post a Comment