https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tatfeb
________________________________________________________________
Wow! I made youtube. This must be some twenty years ago in which I appeared twice in a movie- once sitting with my back to a window, and once beside a plaque of some sort. Fame at last!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8UOwJJ4D4&t=48s
_______________________________________________________________
The is far the most extreme fear of coronavirus I have seen. As you read, remember this is extreme and, I hope, wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-expert-warns-infection-could-reach-60-of-worlds-population
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2020/feb/11/life-on-lesbos-whats-happening-to-the-refugees-there-podcast
We humans are going to have to learn to live with each other - and to forget the nonsense that those of differing languages and religions and races cannot live with each other.
The idea that nations like Canada and the U.S. must preserve their Christianity by keeping out Jews, for example, existed until well after World War Two. And Blacks? It was only possible to preserve our white values by keeping Blacks as slaves. Catholics and Protestants have long remained separate, and often taught to hate each other. How many U.S. presidents have been Catholics? Or Jews? In Canada, Chinese were often forced to live in ghettos. So were Blacks until VERY recently.
As I write this, the U.S. is being taught to hate Latins. Both Canada and the U.S. see Muslims as being destructive of their values.
Let's get over it, shall we? We live in a world that cannot afford bigotry. And most of us are defending values we really don't have. Indeed, the world's greatest killers and plunderers over the last several hundred years have been white Christians. And I really don't think killing and plundering was what Jesus had in mind.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/migrants-fleeing-central-america-guatemala-honduras-el-
Another sample of American 'values' in action.
And why the migrants fleeing their homes? Obviously, it's because their home countries have been made unlivable by American 'values'.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/11/trump-economy-poor-americans-vulnerability
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/06/canadian-police-arrest-activists-blocking-gas-pipeline-indigenous-land-wetsuweten
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/10/the-guardian-view-on-climate-anxiety-we-live-in-frightening-times
________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/anti-pipeline-protest-vancouver-ports-1.5457912
Canadian governments talk a good game about indigenous rights. But it has never honoured them.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/philippines-usa-military-pact-1.5459303
Over 120 years ago, the U.S. conquered The Phillipines for the American empire. It killed 20,000 at least of the Phillipine army, and and even larger number of civilians. Estimates run as high as a million for deaths by starvation.
From then until now, it has controlled The Phillipines. But no more.
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/brent-patterson/2020/02/wetsuweten-land-defenders-face-risks-experienced
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/talking-radical-radio/2020/02/climate-change-priority-issue-cupw
_________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2020/02/former-us-ambassador-canada-unaware-any-conversation-plot
________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/economy/trump-budget-economy-military/
The biggest enemies we face are not Chinese or Russians. The biggest and most ruthless are our very own billionaires.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/health-care-universal-buttigieg/
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.straight.com/news/518106/gwynne-dyer-global-economy-faces-financial-crisis-perfect-storm
________________________________________________________________
Dresden - where the deliberate killing of civilians became the new form of war.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/02/10/beasts-and-bombings-reflecting-dresden-february-1945
_______________________________________________________________
https://consortiumnews.com/2020/02/10/world-war-iiis-newest-battlefield/
_______________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/02/10/Emotions-High-Unistoten-Arrests/
_______________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/02/11/Canada-Arbitrarily-Detains-Migrants/
________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/01/17/Indigenous-Rights-Canada-Militarized-Police/
_________________________________________________________________
Ontario has become a leader in the war against public education. Teachers are paid as little as possible. There is as little spending on public schools as possible.
Universities can be attended only at such a cost that graduates have to pay it back for 15 years and more. (An added problem is that universities are not really educational institutions since their professors, almost all of them, have no training whatever in education. I pointed that out in an article of 20 years ago that I shall never be forgiven for.)
The public school, going back to the early 19th century, for the first time gave opportunity to the poor as well as to the rich. But it hasn't done that for a century and more. I was born poor, and almost all of my friends and classmates would never have a chance for much education. For the most part, the poor stay poor because that's the way the rich like it while they can send their children to private schools partially subidized by our tax money.
(In my teaching experience in public school and university, I did not find the graduates of private schools all that good. But their access to private education made them aware of their "superiority".) Most of the kids I knew as a public school students had an experience that convinced them of their own inferiority so that they (including me) dropped out early to get low-paying jobs.
Governments are now making things worse, and destroying the role of public education in producing an intelligent population. Instead, they prefer the rich kids of the private schools as an elite class. Public education was one of the great triumphs of this world. And servants of the rich, like the premier of Ontario, are destroying it.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/ford-fight-educators/5703371
(Our masters also force on the public schools' history books that encourage the mythology of how God created Britain (and now the U.S.), to murder and plunder all over the world.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/west-virginia-oil-gas-critical-infrastructure-anti-protest-bills/5703279
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/gulf-alaska-fishery-close-first-time-ever-no-more-cod-salmon/5697199
________________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/bankers-shape-canadian-policy-latin-america/5703148
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52965.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52970.htm
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52971.htm
_________________________________________________________________
https://theantimedia.com/iraq-and-russia-prepare-to-boost-military-ties-as-us-threatens-sanctions/
_______________________________________________________________
I'm not at all sure about the optimism for Sanders in this item. Nor am I sure that Sanders is nearly so radical as is needed - nor do I think he could carry the elected Democrats with him if did win the presidency. But it's a nice thought.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/democrats-panic-bernie-sanders-predicted-win-all-50-states/264716/
_________________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trumps-homelessness-czar-seeks-to-further-criminalize-the-homeless/
________________________________________________________________
As I read the next item, I was reminded of the horror of driving through the ruined and filthy streets of Detroit.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/418572-us-decline-poverty-un/
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
Wow! I made youtube. This must be some twenty years ago in which I appeared twice in a movie- once sitting with my back to a window, and once beside a plaque of some sort. Fame at last!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8UOwJJ4D4&t=48s
_______________________________________________________________
The is far the most extreme fear of coronavirus I have seen. As you read, remember this is extreme and, I hope, wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-expert-warns-infection-could-reach-60-of-worlds-population
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2020/feb/11/life-on-lesbos-whats-happening-to-the-refugees-there-podcast
We humans are going to have to learn to live with each other - and to forget the nonsense that those of differing languages and religions and races cannot live with each other.
The idea that nations like Canada and the U.S. must preserve their Christianity by keeping out Jews, for example, existed until well after World War Two. And Blacks? It was only possible to preserve our white values by keeping Blacks as slaves. Catholics and Protestants have long remained separate, and often taught to hate each other. How many U.S. presidents have been Catholics? Or Jews? In Canada, Chinese were often forced to live in ghettos. So were Blacks until VERY recently.
As I write this, the U.S. is being taught to hate Latins. Both Canada and the U.S. see Muslims as being destructive of their values.
Let's get over it, shall we? We live in a world that cannot afford bigotry. And most of us are defending values we really don't have. Indeed, the world's greatest killers and plunderers over the last several hundred years have been white Christians. And I really don't think killing and plundering was what Jesus had in mind.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/migrants-fleeing-central-america-guatemala-honduras-el-
Another sample of American 'values' in action.
And why the migrants fleeing their homes? Obviously, it's because their home countries have been made unlivable by American 'values'.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/11/trump-economy-poor-americans-vulnerability
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/06/canadian-police-arrest-activists-blocking-gas-pipeline-indigenous-land-wetsuweten
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/10/the-guardian-view-on-climate-anxiety-we-live-in-frightening-times
________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/anti-pipeline-protest-vancouver-ports-1.5457912
Canadian governments talk a good game about indigenous rights. But it has never honoured them.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/philippines-usa-military-pact-1.5459303
Over 120 years ago, the U.S. conquered The Phillipines for the American empire. It killed 20,000 at least of the Phillipine army, and and even larger number of civilians. Estimates run as high as a million for deaths by starvation.
From then until now, it has controlled The Phillipines. But no more.
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/brent-patterson/2020/02/wetsuweten-land-defenders-face-risks-experienced
________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/talking-radical-radio/2020/02/climate-change-priority-issue-cupw
_________________________________________________________________
https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2020/02/former-us-ambassador-canada-unaware-any-conversation-plot
________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/economy/trump-budget-economy-military/
The biggest enemies we face are not Chinese or Russians. The biggest and most ruthless are our very own billionaires.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/health-care-universal-buttigieg/
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.straight.com/news/518106/gwynne-dyer-global-economy-faces-financial-crisis-perfect-storm
________________________________________________________________
Dresden - where the deliberate killing of civilians became the new form of war.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/02/10/beasts-and-bombings-reflecting-dresden-february-1945
_______________________________________________________________
https://consortiumnews.com/2020/02/10/world-war-iiis-newest-battlefield/
_______________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/02/10/Emotions-High-Unistoten-Arrests/
_______________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/02/11/Canada-Arbitrarily-Detains-Migrants/
________________________________________________________________
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/01/17/Indigenous-Rights-Canada-Militarized-Police/
_________________________________________________________________
Ontario has become a leader in the war against public education. Teachers are paid as little as possible. There is as little spending on public schools as possible.
Universities can be attended only at such a cost that graduates have to pay it back for 15 years and more. (An added problem is that universities are not really educational institutions since their professors, almost all of them, have no training whatever in education. I pointed that out in an article of 20 years ago that I shall never be forgiven for.)
The public school, going back to the early 19th century, for the first time gave opportunity to the poor as well as to the rich. But it hasn't done that for a century and more. I was born poor, and almost all of my friends and classmates would never have a chance for much education. For the most part, the poor stay poor because that's the way the rich like it while they can send their children to private schools partially subidized by our tax money.
(In my teaching experience in public school and university, I did not find the graduates of private schools all that good. But their access to private education made them aware of their "superiority".) Most of the kids I knew as a public school students had an experience that convinced them of their own inferiority so that they (including me) dropped out early to get low-paying jobs.
Governments are now making things worse, and destroying the role of public education in producing an intelligent population. Instead, they prefer the rich kids of the private schools as an elite class. Public education was one of the great triumphs of this world. And servants of the rich, like the premier of Ontario, are destroying it.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/ford-fight-educators/5703371
(Our masters also force on the public schools' history books that encourage the mythology of how God created Britain (and now the U.S.), to murder and plunder all over the world.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/west-virginia-oil-gas-critical-infrastructure-anti-protest-bills/5703279
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/gulf-alaska-fishery-close-first-time-ever-no-more-cod-salmon/5697199
________________________________________________________________
https://www.globalresearch.ca/bankers-shape-canadian-policy-latin-america/5703148
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52965.htm
_________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52970.htm
________________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52971.htm
_________________________________________________________________
https://theantimedia.com/iraq-and-russia-prepare-to-boost-military-ties-as-us-threatens-sanctions/
_______________________________________________________________
I'm not at all sure about the optimism for Sanders in this item. Nor am I sure that Sanders is nearly so radical as is needed - nor do I think he could carry the elected Democrats with him if did win the presidency. But it's a nice thought.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/democrats-panic-bernie-sanders-predicted-win-all-50-states/264716/
_________________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trumps-homelessness-czar-seeks-to-further-criminalize-the-homeless/
________________________________________________________________
As I read the next item, I was reminded of the horror of driving through the ruined and filthy streets of Detroit.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/418572-us-decline-poverty-un/
_________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment