This will be very much a hit and or miss blog. Two days ago, I came down with the ultimate cold. Sleep has been almost impossible for two days. So I'm not sure how quickly (or if) I'll get anything done today.
______________________________________________________________
I grew up in a poor district. Most of may friends were illiterate. Only one person in my grade one class finished public school. I, alas, was not the one. I was kicked out in grade 11.When I told my parents, they were not concerned about it. It was simply time to find a job, and I met my parents highest expectations when I became an office mail boy.
As it happened, there were miracles, and I became a teacher at all levels from grade school to university. And there was no doubt that the poor kids had a tougher time. And the rich ones?
I learned about that as a BA student - a degree I finished so badly it was an embarrassment - and one that made life very tough for me when I applied to do an MA. My parents were very upset. I was trying to rise above my station.
https://www.alternet.org/2016/06/there-huge-education-gap-between-poor-students-and-their-wealthier-peers-what-needs-be-done/
One important lesson was learned from my grade school teaching experience. University professors should learn how to teach.
Oh, are the American charter schools the answer? Forget it. These are simply private schools that poor people can't afford to go to.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/12/air-pollution-deaths-are-double-previous-estimates-finds-research
Pay no attention. If this were true, Donald Trump and Ontario's Doug Ford would have told us.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/08/venezuela-power-outage-maduro-schools-closed
Maduro is saying the U.S. did it. But the U.S. would never do that. It's a very Christian nation. It kills only Muslims. However, it's interesting to note that the U.S. is withdrawing all its embassy staff. Does that, possibly, signal an invasion?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/12/israel-gaza-un-2018-protests-occupation
_____________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/rabble-radio/2019/03/whats-true-and-whats-not-venezuela-recent-report-ground-caracas
______________________________________________________________
http://www.rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/other-hand/2019/03/making-energy-transition-decade
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are living in what is possibly the greatest period of super greed in history. All common sense goes out the window. The reality is that oil barons will die, too. Yes, they will. And they will take us with them.
______________________________________________________________
There is no end to Washington wars. It is determined to conquer the world. Indeed, it has been carrying out wars constantly since 1950 - many of them unreported. That is largely what has reduced the middle east and Latin America
into a hell-hole.
There are no limits to greed. - and greed of American corporations is what this is all about. It's pure greed. They have so much money it can never be spent. But they still want more. They are siphoning money from all the millions of the rest of us. And it will never be enough.
https://www.thenation.com/article/iran-america-potential-war-trump-
administration/
__________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/venezuela-roundup-3-details-of-electricity-war-exposed-saboteurs-detained-imperialist-economic-war-widens/
I don't vouch for this - but it makes more sense than any other report I have received on the subject.
________________________________________________________________
The next is a very clear analysis of Canadian prime minster Trudeau's problems.
But who cares?
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/trudeaus-cabinet-tempest/
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/how-us-sanctions-are-hurting-iran-a-firsthand-report/
Iran hasn't invaded anybody. The U.S. has sponsored an invasion of it, has overthrown the elected government to install a dictator, and has pressed all kinds of sanctions on it.
God bless America.
______________________________________________________________
Is it possible that anybody gives a damn about what any Canadian political party thinks? None of them has confronted any of the huge problems that face us. No. Not even the NDP. We have monster climate problems that are crashing down on us while we do nothing much of anything. We have become the U.S. bum boy for Latin America.
We live in a world as evil as anything Hitler could have contrived. We have long since given up on updating our social programmes. We have been robbed blind by multi-billionaires who have stolen the taxes they should have paid to us, the money that should have gone to housing, education, health care, climate change....money that has, quite simply, been stolen by our 'most respectable' citizens.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/12/trump-is-trying-to-pay-his-way-to-an-annihilation-of-palestinian-statehood-and-an-erasure-of-israels-crimes/
____________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51254.htm
Is the Trump government dumb enough to do this?
Yes.
_______________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51261.htm
Government for the people? Who gives a damn about the people?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/11/news/snc-lavalin-announced-confidential-deal-feds-four-days-after-trudeaus-first-throne
Okay. So which party will you turn to? And do you think that will change anything?
________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/11/opinion/snc-lavalin-affair-just-business-usual-canada
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/08/news/us-and-canadian-oil-production-pushing-planets-climate-goals-out-reach-says-iea
________________________________________________________________
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/11/greenwald_white_house_spread_false_story
_________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/were-living-in-the-warmest-decade-since-record-keeping-began/
_____________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trump-budget-would-cut-spending-for-nearly-every-agency-except-pentagon/
____________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trump-budget-would-slash-medicaid-by-1-1-trillion/
_________________________________________________________________
Enough. It's been a lo-o-o-ng and unpleasant day for this camper. But think of what's going on - think of the pure greed of our 'upper-class' capitalists. As this goes on, we can expect nothing but increasing suffering with a strong, strong possibility of nuclear war. In the course we're following, there is no hope. And our political parties, even the well-intentioned ones, are falling well short of what they should be doing.
And try not to get a cold.
______________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________
I grew up in a poor district. Most of may friends were illiterate. Only one person in my grade one class finished public school. I, alas, was not the one. I was kicked out in grade 11.When I told my parents, they were not concerned about it. It was simply time to find a job, and I met my parents highest expectations when I became an office mail boy.
As it happened, there were miracles, and I became a teacher at all levels from grade school to university. And there was no doubt that the poor kids had a tougher time. And the rich ones?
I learned about that as a BA student - a degree I finished so badly it was an embarrassment - and one that made life very tough for me when I applied to do an MA. My parents were very upset. I was trying to rise above my station.
https://www.alternet.org/2016/06/there-huge-education-gap-between-poor-students-and-their-wealthier-peers-what-needs-be-done/
One important lesson was learned from my grade school teaching experience. University professors should learn how to teach.
Oh, are the American charter schools the answer? Forget it. These are simply private schools that poor people can't afford to go to.
________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/12/air-pollution-deaths-are-double-previous-estimates-finds-research
Pay no attention. If this were true, Donald Trump and Ontario's Doug Ford would have told us.
_______________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/08/venezuela-power-outage-maduro-schools-closed
Maduro is saying the U.S. did it. But the U.S. would never do that. It's a very Christian nation. It kills only Muslims. However, it's interesting to note that the U.S. is withdrawing all its embassy staff. Does that, possibly, signal an invasion?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/12/israel-gaza-un-2018-protests-occupation
_____________________________________________________________
http://rabble.ca/podcasts/shows/rabble-radio/2019/03/whats-true-and-whats-not-venezuela-recent-report-ground-caracas
______________________________________________________________
http://www.rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/other-hand/2019/03/making-energy-transition-decade
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are living in what is possibly the greatest period of super greed in history. All common sense goes out the window. The reality is that oil barons will die, too. Yes, they will. And they will take us with them.
______________________________________________________________
There is no end to Washington wars. It is determined to conquer the world. Indeed, it has been carrying out wars constantly since 1950 - many of them unreported. That is largely what has reduced the middle east and Latin America
into a hell-hole.
There are no limits to greed. - and greed of American corporations is what this is all about. It's pure greed. They have so much money it can never be spent. But they still want more. They are siphoning money from all the millions of the rest of us. And it will never be enough.
https://www.thenation.com/article/iran-america-potential-war-trump-
administration/
__________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/venezuela-roundup-3-details-of-electricity-war-exposed-saboteurs-detained-imperialist-economic-war-widens/
I don't vouch for this - but it makes more sense than any other report I have received on the subject.
________________________________________________________________
The next is a very clear analysis of Canadian prime minster Trudeau's problems.
But who cares?
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/trudeaus-cabinet-tempest/
________________________________________________________________
https://countercurrents.org/2019/03/12/how-us-sanctions-are-hurting-iran-a-firsthand-report/
Iran hasn't invaded anybody. The U.S. has sponsored an invasion of it, has overthrown the elected government to install a dictator, and has pressed all kinds of sanctions on it.
God bless America.
______________________________________________________________
Is it possible that anybody gives a damn about what any Canadian political party thinks? None of them has confronted any of the huge problems that face us. No. Not even the NDP. We have monster climate problems that are crashing down on us while we do nothing much of anything. We have become the U.S. bum boy for Latin America.
We live in a world as evil as anything Hitler could have contrived. We have long since given up on updating our social programmes. We have been robbed blind by multi-billionaires who have stolen the taxes they should have paid to us, the money that should have gone to housing, education, health care, climate change....money that has, quite simply, been stolen by our 'most respectable' citizens.
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/12/trump-is-trying-to-pay-his-way-to-an-annihilation-of-palestinian-statehood-and-an-erasure-of-israels-crimes/
____________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51254.htm
Is the Trump government dumb enough to do this?
Yes.
_______________________________________________________________
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51261.htm
Government for the people? Who gives a damn about the people?
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/11/news/snc-lavalin-announced-confidential-deal-feds-four-days-after-trudeaus-first-throne
Okay. So which party will you turn to? And do you think that will change anything?
________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/11/opinion/snc-lavalin-affair-just-business-usual-canada
_________________________________________________________________
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/03/08/news/us-and-canadian-oil-production-pushing-planets-climate-goals-out-reach-says-iea
________________________________________________________________
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/11/greenwald_white_house_spread_false_story
_________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/were-living-in-the-warmest-decade-since-record-keeping-began/
_____________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trump-budget-would-cut-spending-for-nearly-every-agency-except-pentagon/
____________________________________________________________
https://truthout.org/articles/trump-budget-would-slash-medicaid-by-1-1-trillion/
_________________________________________________________________
Enough. It's been a lo-o-o-ng and unpleasant day for this camper. But think of what's going on - think of the pure greed of our 'upper-class' capitalists. As this goes on, we can expect nothing but increasing suffering with a strong, strong possibility of nuclear war. In the course we're following, there is no hope. And our political parties, even the well-intentioned ones, are falling well short of what they should be doing.
And try not to get a cold.
______________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment