Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20: Addendum

I forgot to mention othat I have a current events group that meets at Moncton Libarary. The next  day setion is on Thursday afternoon, Sept. 8.  I am also trying out an evening session on the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 6. All are welcome.

The topic for both sessions is The Moncton Times of (the day of the meeting). It will be useful in developing our understanding of how a newspaper is put together, what journalistic ethics are, and how a newspaper can be used to manipulate us.

I mention the dates of the meetings here because it is my experience that The Moncton Times and Transcript often erases this current events discussion group from the library's list of announcements.

Everybody is welcome, including editorial staff of The Moncton Times and Transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment